The following are the terms and conditions for use of nhls.ac.za (“the website”). The purpose of the website is to provide information about the National Health Laboratory Service (hereinafter referred to as “the NHLS”). The website is owned and maintained by the NHLS and is hosted in Johannesburg within the Republic of South Africa. By accessing and using the website, you (“the user”), agree to be legally bound by the terms and conditions as are set out in this notice. Kindly therefore familiarise yourself with these terms and conditions prior to the usage of the website. If you do not wish to be bound by these terms and conditions, then you may not access, display, use, download and/or otherwise copy or distribute any of the content of this website.
- We respect the privacy of all visitors to this site and you may thus use this site without providing any personal information.
- However, so that we can continually assess the popularity of the site and improve it for our visitors, we will collect information on the number of visits to the site, pages viewed, etc.
- You agree that your use of this website is for lawful purposes only and no modification of the material or content will be permitted.
- You agree that you will not use this website for any unlawful purpose, including but not limited to: commercial purposes, commission of a criminal offence; to gain unauthorised access to other computer systems; or for the transmission of unlawful material.
Disclaimers/Limitation of Liability
- You agree to access and use this site entirely at your own risk.
- While every effort is made to ensure that the information provided on the website is current and accurate, you should not assume that the information on the website is always current or accurate, and other sources of this information should be consulted before making any decision to act on the information displayed on this website and you acknowledge that you will not hold the NHLS, Mendi Consultants, its parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, agents, officers, employees and content providers liable for any defamatory, offensive or illegal conduct of other users or third parties.
- You acknowledge that you will not hold the NHLS, its subsidiaries, affiliates, agents, officers, employees and content providers liable for any indirect, consequential or incidental damages or damages for loss of data arising from the use of this website regardless of how the damages arise.
You agree to indemnify and hold the NHLS, its parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, agents, officers, employees and content providers, harmless from any:
claim, demand, or damage, including injury caused by any failure of performance or errors, omission, inaccuracy, interpretation, deletion, defect, delay in accessing material or content of the website, viruses, connection failures, theft, alteration of use, attorneys’ fees, or any other action asserted by any third party due to or arising out of your use of or conduct on the website.
- completeness of material or content on the website; and
- errors, omissions or inaccuracy of material or content on the website.
The NHLS may terminate access to any part or the entire website and any related service(s) at any time, with or without cause, with or without notice, effective immediately, for any reason whatsoever.
Proprietary to Content
- You acknowledge that content, including but not limited to text, graphics or other material contained in either sponsor advertisements or electronically distributed, commercially produced information presented to you by the website is protected by copyrights, trademarks, service marks, patents or other proprietary rights and laws.
- You may make a copy of this content for your personal, non-commercial use only, provided that you keep all copyright and other proprietary notices intact.
- You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit, or distribute in any way content available through the website and its associated web sites.
- This website provides links to other websites.
- The fact that we have such links must not be construed as constituting any relationship or endorsement of the linked third party, and reliance on all information and content provided by the external links is done so at your own risk.
- Third party advertising and promotional material may be displayed on the site from time to time, and the display of such material should not be construed as the NHLS endorsing or creating any relationship between the NHLS and that third party.
- Reliance on any such promotional or advertising material is entirely at your own risk.
Any third party wishing to link the website to their website must obtain permission from NHLS by directing such request to the webmaster, and permission may be granted on terms and conditions agreed upon by such parties.
These terms and conditions constitute the entire agreement between the parties with respect to use of the website and supersede any and all previous agreements, either verbal or written, between the parties with respect to the use of this website.
- This website is owned, operated and hosted within the Republic of South Africa, as such, these terms and conditions shall be governed by the laws of the Republic of South Africa these terms and conditions shall be governed by the laws of South Africa, without giving effect to any principle of conflict of laws.
- The user hereby submits and consents to the jurisdiction of the Witwatersrand High Court of The Transvaal Provincial Division (or its successor) of the High Court of the Republic of South Africa.
All contents of the website are:
Copyright © NHLS 2019.
1 Modderfontein Road,
Any rights not expressly granted herein are reserved.