Diagnostic Media Products (DMP), based at the NHLS’ Sandringham headquarters, manufactures and supplies a wide range of high quality diagnostic reagents, ready to use kits and microbiological culture media.
- a production department boasting state-of-the-art equipment;
- a quality control department which consists of highly qualified medical technologists; and
- a sales department.
DMP’s products range from routine microbiological media to more specialised media for specialised laboratories such as food microbiological media and environmental testing media such as legionella media.
DMP makes a wide range of stains used for microbiology as well as histology and haematology.
DMP provides made up kits and reagents for certain haematology and chemistry sets.
To ensure that the high quality of DMP’s products are maintained there are a few points to consider:
- always store media/reagents according to the storage conditions prescribed on the label;
- store all products away from direct sunlight and do not expose to extreme temperatures such as too hot or freezing conditions;
- always use products with expiry date stated on the product label;
- use the correct media/products for the correct tests according to the standard operating procedures of the laboratory; and
- follow correct staining procedures when staining slides as this will affect the quality of the stain.
For enquiries, contact:
Ms Itumeleng Morake
Tel: (011) 386-6029
Fax: (011) 386-6015